Florida Fish Talk

Click here to edit subtitle

FIshing Reports & Forums

Forum Home > Nature Coast fishing report > Fathers Day Charter

Bubba Montgomery

My wife suprised me with an charter fishing trip on Saturday.  Met the captain at 7:30a.m. and got to our first spot around 7:45a.m..  We had our redfish before 8:00a.m.  By the way since this was a meat eating trip.  The bait of choice was white bait.  I did get to cast a few times with the bone spook with no hits.  The reds were around 23 inches.  Now it's time to go offshore.  Got the first rock and my wife caught a monster flounder close to 24inches.  Biggest flounder we had ever caught.  She also caught her first cobia a small guy about 25 inches.  I got my first red grouper under 20inces and a keeper flounder.  While moving around alot we did get 6 small gags.  No keepers.  I caught one that had had 3 whitebait in his throat and he still bit again.So we bought back 2 flounder and 2 reds.  My wife beats me again, but I was very happy for her.  Maybe next time my luck will be better.  Hope everyone had a happy father's day. Now is the time to check your tackle and get ready for the fall.  Remember Precision Tackle for all your tackle needs.  They have everything.

--
June 19, 2017 at 3:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]

Glad you and the Misses had a good day of fishing and a good Fathers Day and thanks for the plug, Dave.

June 19, 2017 at 9:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.