Florida Fish Talk

Click here to edit subtitle

FIshing Reports & Forums

Forum Home > Nature Coast fishing report > American Flag at Bayport Park

larryroderick@earthlink.net

All right Pete I for one have been slack on my posting .Personal and family problems have been taking preferance over fishing .I want to thank Josh for fishing with me last Monday. We ran up to Chass and fished several creeks.We saw a lot of reds and Josh had a couple hooked up but they came unbuttoned. It seemed like they would eat the gulp shrimp but would only follow the topwater plugs and a couple would try to kill the the plug and not eat it.We did catch a few respectable trout on suspending lures.Josh did well on a Sebille and I caught a few on the Minidine. The storm clouds started to gather out in the gulf and we decided to head back home which turned out to be a wise decision.

I agree that the county has their priorities a bit screwed up. Flags at Bayport should be at the top of the list actually at all county parks.Seems like the county could purchase several at a cheaper cost than individually.The money they spent on that observation deck (which is so hot to stand on in the summer) could have bought several flags and could have built a Kayak ramp that more people would use than aluminium deck that no one uses

--
July 16, 2011 at 9:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pete

Thank You Capt. Larry, I completely understand that family comes first, I hope things are better. See you on the water. As for the county, it seems like Dave & #1AA may have scored a victory of sorts by getting the Bayport Flag Flying again, now if we could just get that aluminum hot plate recycled into a pier out front or some more trailer parking. Thanks for responding and the great fishing update.

--

Pete

July 16, 2011 at 10:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Capt. Fishdaddy

Well since the Capt's are getting bashed, I figured I'll give a report. Went out west of Bayport in about 6' and hooked up quite a few Blue Marlin and Mahi. had a great day in the thunderstorms, but that was when we started seeing some Great White sharks. I don't eat sharks so we just watched them eat the seals. Some may not appreciate this posting but I was in a kidding mood. Fish on Dudes !!

--
Capt. "Fishdaddy" Joel Gant 

fishdaddycharter.com

(352) 279-1615

July 20, 2011 at 4:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Capt. Josh Fritz

lmao Capt. Joel, very cool we need to hook up and go after soem tuna and sword fish next week lol, I like that report.

--

Capt. Josh Fritz

Chase N' Tails Fishing Charters

www.chasentailsfishingcharters.com

352-345-9304

July 20, 2011 at 5:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pete

Ah, common guys, "bashing's a little harsh, more like holding you to the standard you signed up for,  "OUR MISSION - Cover a variety of topics to help you catch fish!"  On that note, went out of Bayport for a quick trip today, nothing fancy, split the difference from Bird rack to North rack, 7' to 8' used Pin fish and Gulp, couple small sharks and short Trout, a short Cobia running with a Turtle (?), and I had my Pin fish rig in the water, of course he popped it but spit it out in about 1.5 seconds, lucky for my bait rig, missed opportunity  for me, snooze you lose. But, it was nice to get out on my own, in my boat, I don't do it very often. You know us old farts, we like to have some one along to call 911 if needed. lol.

--

Pete

July 20, 2011 at 6:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bulldog

Pete, we will continue to do our best to grow and expand this site. As guides we spend many days on the water and find it hard somtimes to post our latest fishing reports. As for "OUR MISSION", I feel we do cover a lot of topics in out 101 articles and fishing reports. If you would like some information or advice on something specific please start a post or feel free to call me and I will do my best to help or get you the info you desire.

If you would like even more  help, then I recommend booking a trip with a guide and get some hands on help and the opportunity  to learn the area a little better!

Good luck out there and tight lines!

--

Capt Keith Tomlinson

Bulldog Fishin Charters

(352)238-3581

July 20, 2011 at 6:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Capt. Fishdaddy

Josh,in a couple weeks you might be into some Tuna, after the Lobsters. Looking forward to the trip. Pete glad to see some fish were available, ,I also love to go out by myself.things have been slow, I know we all hear this but tis the season. Sometimes when we (even as Captains) go out. there isn't alot to post. We will try to do our best to inform on our ventures.

--

fishdaddycharter.com

(352) 279-1615

July 20, 2011 at 6:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pete

Well, I guess I am stirring it up.  So, my work here is about done. Fishdaddy,Thanks, sometimes it's nice just to drift aimlessly and enjoy what we have here. It's not always about the fishing. Bulldog, thank you for the kind offers, I to spend many days fishing both shore and boat, last year 285 days at least one trip a day, I've been fishing for 50 plus years both fresh and mostly saltwater. I'm fortunate to have a choice I can take a V hull out, or a flats boat into ankle deep water. When I started out up here I did use a Guide to learn most of the area, and have expanded that knowledge quite a bit. I am as comfortable with artificial  as live bait, the only reason I don't start my own guide service is that it would cut into my fishing time. After all that, I by no means know it all, and that's part of the challange, and if I ever have questions about the Hernando channel and the area down there I'll be sure to ask.  Thanks Again for you input and kind offers. Tight Lines and success to all the Captains.

--

Pete

July 20, 2011 at 8:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pete

Man, I had a whole bunch of nice things to say and the edit page just bounced my changes and now I've forgot it all and it's past my bed time, crap!  So, if I have offended, angered, irritated or flat pi$$ed anyone off, please let it go, lifes to short and there is fishing to be done. 

--

Pete

July 20, 2011 at 9:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bulldog

I agree Pete. As they say - Just shut up and fish! AND show me the cooler not the story. Or a picture if you practice catch and release. LOL

--

Capt Keith Tomlinson

Bulldog Fishin Charters

(352)238-3581

July 20, 2011 at 9:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Capt. Fishdaddy

Pete I believe you did a good job on getting some input in this thread. I can tell from your posts you have caught a few fish in your time. Keep up the good reports !

--

fishdaddycharter.com

(352) 279-1615

July 25, 2011 at 2:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Pete

Thanks F.D., even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then. On that note popped a few more trout today early in shallow water, 3 to 5 ft.. They like white.

--

Pete

July 25, 2011 at 6:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.